We are the leading marketing and sales transformation partner in the Nordics, with fifteen years of experience in data-driven marketing & sales across B2C & B2B industries. Our vision is to become the leading actionable marketing data-asset provider in Europe by 2025. Our mission is to enable customer-centric organisations to turn their data into business results.
Following our strong European expansion, in January 2023 we will be opening our Milan office, making available to the Italian companies our Nordics data & digital expertise and proprietary methodologies. We also aim to bring to Italy the best values of the Nordic way of work, such as a non-hierarchical, “horizontal” and collaborative mindset, as well as strong focus on diversity, gender equality, sustainability and work/life balance.
We are growing fast in Europe and now setting up our Italian office. The first years of our operations in Italy will be focused on making Avaus’ expertise recognized, delivering the first projects to Italian clients, as well as attracting the best data & digital talents to build up the local, Italian team of Avausians. The Italian team will consist of top-notch colleagues and experts in the field of Data & Analytics, Marketing Technologies, Marketing & Sales strategy. You and the rest of the local team will interact and learn the unique Avaus methodologies through close collaboration with your Nordics colleagues.
As Business Development Director Italy your aim will be to directly support the Managing Director Italy in the strategic and commercial development of our consulting business in Italy. You will also have the opportunity of being a co-founder of Avaus Italy and directly participate and financially benefit from its business growth. Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Actively contribute to shaping and executing the Strategy and Commercial Plan of the Italian office with the Managing Director
- Originate business opportunities with prospect clients and foster long term client relationships with the top management of those companies
- Be in charge of sales and project activities for those clients, including negotiations of contracts and commercial terms, value realisation, supervision and support to the project managers and their teams
- Actively recruit and develop new team members for the Italian office, contributing to its people and organisational structuring once the office reaches a significant size
- Be a passionate and curious evangelist of data-driven marketing, developing your competence with the help of the Avaus senior experts, staying on top of developments within the area and progressively gaining recognition as a top Italian expert of the topic
Who are you?
We believe that you have a strong leadership profile with commercial drive, curiosity, and hold a positive mindset with a value centric sales approach. You are a people person with interest in creating enhanced business value by leveraging customer data for sales, marketing and customer experience. You get prospective clients to see how new technologies can help them to overcome their business challenges, with a pragmatic spirit.
The skills and personality traits which put you in the best fit with our needs are:
- Interpersonal and relational skills
- Commercial skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Execution and result-oriented mindset
- Collaborative attitude
Beside your personality, we would also like you to possess the following qualifications:
- Academic Bachelor's degree (Laurea Magistrale for Italy), with preference for business, technology or similar
- At least 5 years of management consulting experience, serving Italian clients
- Strong track record in commercial and business leadership roles
- You are proficient in Italian, as our customers require us to communicate in Italian
- You are fluent in English
- Other languages are a plus
This is a permanent position with a 6 months’ probation period, based at our Milan office. Starting date as soon as possible or by agreement. We offer a hybrid remote workplace. You will report to Piero Trivellato, Managing Director Avaus Italy.
Already feel like one of us? Send your applications in English as soon as possible, but no later than December 15th. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Piero Trivellato. Due to GDPR, we only accept applications through our career page.
We look forward to hearing from you!